Thursday, February 19, 2015

HEALTHY THYROID LADY - MY WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY, DAYS FOUR AND FIVE




Days 4 and 5 of the 10-day detox and I am feeling GREAT!  I weighed myself this morning and I have lost 6 pounds thus far. Wooo Hooo. I am sure it is mostly water and other “stuff” because I have been going to the bathroom like crazy!

As detox’s go, this one is not that difficult. It is similar to how I eat normally, however I am not always cognizant of my portion sizes. My health coach is holding me accountable by making sure I stick to adequate portions for each meal. She gave me the following as a guide:

From bloodsugarsolution.com: Portion Sizes

Understanding portion sizes is a key component in creating healthy, balanced meals while supporting weight loss. The following are the serving sizes for some common foods:
 
·        Fruit: 1 medium piece, 1 cup berries, ½ cup mixed fresh fruit ¼ cup dried fruit
 
 

·        Starch vegetables: 1 serving = 1 cup winter squash or ½ sweet potato.









·        Non-starchy vegetables: 1 serving = 3 cups salad greens, 1 cup raw or ½ cup cooked







·        Meat, chicken, fish: – 1 serving = ½ cup cooked
 
 
 
 

·        Whole grains: 1 serving = 1/3 cup cooked
 
 
 

·        Beans: 1 serving = 1/3 cup cooked or canned
 
 
 
 
 
 
·        Nuts or seeds: 1 serving -1/4 cup or one small handful
 
 
 

 

What I’ve realized during this detox is that consuming whole foods and drinking plenty of water will most certainly satisfy and sustain you.

Healthy Thyroid Lady

Striving for Healthy

No comments:

Post a Comment