Tuesday, February 17, 2015

HEALTHY THYROID LADY - WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY - DAY THREE


Day 3 of the 10-day detox and so far so good. Well...Kind of...I
hope I still have a job tomorrow. I wasn’t the nicest person in the
world today. My health coach, the wonderful Gretchen from

Vida.com said irritability for the first few days
could happen.

So I came home and made a delicious healthy dinner...



 

Turkey breast with creamy asparagus sauce (no dairy), Brussel sprouts and sautéed spinach.

 
 

Then relaxed in the bathtub to detox the outside to match what I have been doing on the inside.






 

Detox baths are very important, here is what
healthylivinghowto.com has to say about detox baths.

Toxins are in the air we breathe, the food we eat, the medications we take and in the water we drink. Toxins cause irritation, harm and destruction in the body if left unchecked.

 
Detoxification is the body’s way of removing and metabolizing these dangerous compounds. It is a process the body does naturally without us even knowing it.  Taking a detox bath, not only boosts our health and well-being, but it also strengthens our immune system and prevents disease.  When metabolic waste from toxins builds up in our body, we get sick. Functional medicine expert, Dr. Mark Hyman, puts it this way, ‘problems with detoxification is one root of illness. If you feel lousy, it’s likely you’re toxic.’ It is important to enhance our body’s ability to detoxify and get rid of the waste, meanwhile minimizing our exposure to toxins. This is imperative for excellent health, as many of today’s modern diseases are related to toxicity.

 
I took a hot bath using this recipe I found on wellnessmama.com

Salt Detox Bath Recipe


·        1/4 cup Sea Salt or Himalayan Salt

·        1/4 cup Epsom Salt

·        1/4 cup Baking Soda

·        1/3 cup Apple Cider Vinegar

·        Favorite essential oil if desired (I use 10 drops of peppermint or lavender)

 

Ahhhhh I feel refreshed now, will get some sleep tonight and make
my apologies in the morning.

Healthy Thyroid Lady

Striving for health

 

No comments:

Post a Comment