Saturday, June 9, 2012

YOU ARE FULL OF IT



This week’s picture has nothing to do with the blog. I figured if I put up a picture of what my blog is about…y’all probably would not read it.

I want to talk about something that no one wants to talk about…wait a minute… Dr. Oz talks about it…OK, I want to talk about something the Crazy Thyroid Lady and Dr. Oz only talks about. Poop, ca-ca, feces, doo-doo, boo-boo, pooh, jobby, fudge brownie…and the term most of us we were taught when we were just wee kiddos…number two!

I am not ashamed to talk about it and you shouldn’t either. We all do it and it all stinks -some more than others, I’m sure.

It is something us thyroidians should keep an eye on. Diarrhea usually signifies hyperthyroidism and constipation typically means one is hypothyroid. Either condition is crappy.

Chronic diarrhea can cause – Dehydration, electrolyte imbalance and mal-nutrition.

Chronic constipation may cause-Hemorrhoids, Fecal Impaction and rectal prolapse.

Those symptoms could become serious, all the more reason to hound that health care professional of yours to go by how you feel and what’s going on with your body rather than by your lab numbers.

The link below is a turd tutorial from Dr. Oz about poop consistency and color:

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/poop-primer

Don’t be ashamed to talk crap anymore, if you have concerns about any chronic irregularities with your bowel movements make sure your health care professional is aware.

Crazy Thyroid Lady

1 comment:

  1. love it!!! I was always constipated & now that I had my thyroid removed, I don't know what to do with myself. I'm not used to going to the bathroom EVERY day! lol

    ReplyDelete