Saturday, March 10, 2012

BUT, I HAVE A DOCTOR'S NOTE...



Hey my thyroid brothers and sisters, I hope you had an awesome week. The mental exercising I did last week allowed me to come up with the most brilliant idea! I am going to give my Endo, pre-filled doctor’s notes for her to sign. These notes will be used at my discretion should I feel the need to be excused from work-related events that may be too taxing, frustrating or…stuff, I pretty much don’t want to do. Using my wonky thyroid as an excuse of course.

So here they are:

Note # 1
Please excuse Carol from the company picnic. With her low TSH in conjunction with her PMSing, she cannot stand the sight of every living creature (big or small) on the planet and would probably ruin the entire employee-bonding event.

Note # 2
Please excuse Carol from the “mandatory” all-day board meeting. With her high TSH, she won’t be able to comprehend anything anyway. But, do allow her come in for the complimentary lunch that’s being served. Permit her to obtain her portion, then excuse her from the meeting. The free food and not having to hear the monotone ramblings will help keep her stress level down.

Note # 3
Carol is exempt from having to remember, change/update any secure passwords.

Note # 4
Please excuse Carol from signing up to bring or cook anything for the company pitch-in. She will expend energy that she does not have making the dish, and will accidentally leave it sitting on the kitchen counter. This will cause her unnecessary stress, thus triggering an unproductive work day.

Note # 5
To all Managers, Department Heads and Executives – IMPORTANT Unfortunately, today (insert date here) you are dealing with a “valued” employee whose TSH level is a bit off. She also has a sinus infection causing her to have a poor night’s sleep. Since Carol is saving her vacation days for an upcoming (much needed) vacation, she is being the dutiful team-member that she is and reporting to work anyway. However, I must caution you…she can’t function! Please prop her up in a chair somewhere for the next 8 hours, wherever appropriate. Thank You.

Signed_________________________________________

I am so excited about these notes. I am going to take them to my Endo for her John Hancock on Monday. I just know it will work! I‘m pretty much a genius!


By the way, how did you do on the 10 servings of fruits and veggies last week? I know me too…It’s hard isn’t it? Follow me on Twitter or Facebook and I will try to remember to post a fruit or veggie recipe once a week. Maybe that will help give you ideas, or at least as a reminder for us to eat more good stuff.




Have a great week

Crazy Thyroid Lady

Don't forget to get your copy of my thyroid book Wow Your Mom Really is Crazy

9 comments:

  1. THIS IS BRILLIANT! LOVE IT! Thanks for the laugh even though it is all based on reality! Our reality with thyroid disease!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I could have used a couple of those last year before meds lol...now the double vision has been fun also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome...I do not miss working for exactly these reasons, it is just too much (most!) some days to just be normal at home, much less in front of other people! as for veggies, I came up with a great plan, I buy them at the store, fresh (and a lot of ziploc freezer bags) and when I get home, wash and chop them all and throw them in separate bags in the freezer. That way, I can just throw them in a recipe or soup, or just steam them any time a lot quicker :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hilarious! maybe i'll make a generic one and pin it to my shirt (along with my address in case i get lost, of course).

    i get several servings of fruits and veggies in green smoothies

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to start a twitter acct so I can get your vegggie ideas (your sis)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love note #4! I can't tell you how many times I could have used that while I was working :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love note 5! That is me almost every day! Lol

    ReplyDelete