Saturday, July 7, 2012

A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A THYROID SUFFERER...



A day in the life of a thyroidian is so exciting!

James Bond 007 has nothing on us. I never know what the day will bring, what exciting adventures I will encounter. For example, it is unclear what will mysteriously make its way into my purse, what I may find in my closet or who I might accidentally send an email to.

Our lives are not boring, that’s for sure!

Here are a few examples of some of the exciting things that may happen to a person with thyroid disease...Now, for the record, I am not saying that any of these things happened to me…


Get on the third floor of an elevator, push the number 3 repeatedly and wonder why the elevator isn't moving…




Using the calculator function on the smart phone to make a phone call…




You can’t remember which toothbrush is yours or your significant other’s…



You buy back the same article of clothing you donated to Goodwill






For a thyroidian it takes longer than the average person to recite your address when asked…



CRAZY THYROID LADY

Don't forget to get your copy of my thyroid book Wow Your Mom Really is Crazy

3 comments:

  1. I have to laugh at this because its sooooo me! Whenever I go from store to store forgetting the main ingredient I went for in the first place, my husband exclaims "We have to get your thyroid levels checked!" Thank goodness he gets it even if my doctors don't!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious Carol and so true. I've tried to change TV channels using my mobile 'phone when I thought it was the remote control for the TV, duh! Our thyroid conditions causes us no end of problems and at times it feels like our sanity is under threat but what we must NEVER lose is our sense of humour!! :)

    ReplyDelete