Sunday, February 15, 2015

HEALTHY THYROID LADY - MY WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY





Whew! Day one of a 10–day detox/blood sugar reset is just about over. My health coach, the sweet Gretchen from www.vida.com is AWESOME.  She is helping me lose 20 stubborn pounds that just will not go away. Losing weight when you have hypothyroidism seems near impossible, so I solicited the help of a health coach. She sends me recipes, words of encouragement; we do weekly video chats and is ready and willing to answer all my questions.

The Plan – What I can eat for the next ten days:

OILS:

Coconut

Olive

Flax

Sesame

Grapeseed

Avocado

 

Herbs/Spices

 

Parsley

Thyme

Basil

Rosemary

Cilantro

Oregano

Chili Powder

Mint

Garlic

Fresh Ginger

 

Nuts/Nut Butters (raw is preferred for all nuts):

 

Almonds

Cashews

Brazil Nuts

Macadamia Nuts

Walnuts

Raw almond or Cashew Butter

Extra Virgin Coconut Butter

 

Seeds:

 

Chia

Flax

Hemp

Pumpkin

Sesame

 

Fresh/Frozen Fruits:

 

Avocado (yes, it is a fruit)

Blueberries

Strawberries

Cranberries

Kiwi

 

Vegetables:

 

Spinach

Cucumber

Romaine Lettuce

Watercress

Assorted Peppers

Assorted Vegetables for Stir-Fry

Assorted Vegetables for Salads

 

Meats/Fish/Tofu:

 

Firm Tofu

Eggs

Chicken

Turkey

Shrimp

Salmon

Canned Salmon

Snapper Fillets

Tilapia

Trout

 

Miscellaneous:

 

Apple Cider Vinegar

Gluten Free Tamari

Low Sodium Vegetable Broth

Low Sodium Chicken Broth



 
Supplements Instructions:

 

-        Take a high quality multivitamin and mineral and a vitamin D3 everyday with breakfast.

-        With breakfast and dinner, take omega 3-fats, magnesium, alpha lipoic acid, biotin, cinnamon and green tea catechins.

-        Take up to 1200 mcg per day of chromium polynicotinate.

-        Before each meal take 2 to 4 capsules ofglucomannan fiber (PGX). Be sure to take this 15 minutes before you eat, and drink a full glass of water with it.

-        An optional probiotic.

 
 


 

 

My meals for today -  2/15/15

 

Breakfast - Walnuts, one egg and avocado slice. (My health coach kind of frowned on the portion size. She said I could have added a cup of berries and even another egg)


 
 
 
Lunch - Salad with carrots, hemp seeds, sautéed shrimp, spinach, scallions and romaine lettuce. 
 
 

 
 

Dinner - Almond crusted trout with pico under a bed of sautéed kale. With cucumber drizzled in olive oil and vinegar.

 
 
I feel like I have conquered many symptoms of this dreaded thyroid disease except for the weight issue. It is my "white whale" but I think this time I will be successful...fingers crossed
 
Healthy Thyroid Lady
Always striving for good health
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment