Sunday, August 26, 2012

LOSING IT...MY HAIR




At this moment, while writing this blog post…I am doing something I don’t like to do: getting my hair done. I would rather sit in a dentist chair than spend the many many hours it takes to get my hairconstructed. Why? Because tackling my tresses is a long, arduous process. But when the hair dresser is finished…whew, it is such a relief.

Some thyroid sufferers have escaped the unpleasant symptom of losing your hair and this was not initially a part of my thyroid symptom repertoire, but then sadly, one day it came…my hair kept falling in clumps down the drain.

I am not a vain person, evidenced by the slippers I wear just about everywhere I go (See last year's blog post Clothing Line for the Chronically Ill.) But, I want to look halfway decent, without spending hours on my hair everyday. Do you know how long it takes to do a Donald Trump “comb over” each morning, to cover up those bald areas? Plus, it’s just not a very feminine look.

This is why I have given up on some of my expensive hobbies to afford the various hair extension styles available nowadays. It can be a bit pricey, but for me it is, practical, durable and easy for this girl on the go.

You may have tried to defeat me this time thyroid disease, but I am a formidable foe. I keep coming back with another knockout punch and pretty hair.

Crazy Thyroid Lady

3 comments:

  1. great blog:)loved going through:)
    www.bestfactsever.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. One thing you will never lose is my never-ending admiration of your strength as well as your weaknesses. Lose your hair but never lose your spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look great sis!!

    ReplyDelete