Monday, May 21, 2012

DIARY OF A WIMPY MOM-RERUN

MY BRAIN IS WORKING! This is huge!

Thyroid sufferers know what a triumphant event this is. I am not sure why the wheels are turning up in the old organ…hmmm, perhaps it is because I bumped up my exercise routine or maybe it was my Ginkgo Biloba overdose the other day. I was having trouble remembering if I had taken some, I believe I took more than I should…Anyway…whatever it is…I’ll take it!!! Therefore, I am “airing” a blog rerun (from a former blog I used to write-6th Grade Revisited) so I can work diligently on my thyroid book. I am almost done thank God and I don’t know when my brain will go on vacation again so here goes…here is my ble-run or ble-peat:




My son told me I could not be a true 6th grader until I read at least one of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books. After reading, I have to admit, it is now my new favorite book! My son was shocked; he could not believe I loved it that much. He thought I would not be able to relate. In his mind only kids go through mishaps and adventures. According to him, grown-ups lead boring lives, just pushing paper around at work all day. Recently, I started a new job, therefore, to prove him wrong and to let him know that I also lead an exciting, adventurous life at work, I decided to keep a diary this week… I’ll call it Diary of a Wimpy Mom:

Monday

Last week I sent out an email to everyone in the office informing them that the doors on the wooden cabinet in the break room are very fragile. (Previously I had leaned up against it, in order to get something, and slightly fractured the door). The cabinet was still operational, however, if someone leaned on it again it would not be. Guess what I did this morning even after I warned everyone…






Tuesday

We’ve had a temp helping us out the past few weeks. I think I am the only one who notices that she spends 30 minutes in the bathroom at a time (I clocked it). Hmmmm…I wonder what she is doing in there?







Wednesday

For some reason my husband is obsessed with the Bounce laundry fabric sheets. Seriously! Dude will place 4 or 5 sheets in a single load of laundry. Consequently, I am constantly picking them off my clothes in the morning, and sometimes I miss one… Usually it’s the one that's stuck in a place not easily accessible!








Thursday


On Thursday’s, I have to return the space heater that I borrow from the CFO. Thursday is the only day she is in the office. Needless to say on Thursday's I freeze! Therefore, I have now dubbed Thursday's as “Snuggie Day”. I wear my Snuggie proudly and do not care what people say!






Friday

The holidays are coming up, so I asked my boss if they have "pitch-ins" or "pot-luck" luncheons here at the office. She said “No.” EUREKA…I just found my Shangri-la! I hate pitch-ins! My former jobs always had them, and they stress me out!





CRAZY THYROID LADY

COMING SOON: I will reveal what the CRAZY means in The Crazy Thyroid Lady...stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment