Saturday, July 27, 2013

COMMON SENSE UNIVERSITY



If these reputable medical organizations are saying this about the thyroid…
Web MD Your thyroid controls your metabolism, which is how your body turns food into energy, and also affects your heart, muscles, bones, and cholesterol
Mayo Clinic These hormones circulate in your bloodstream and help regulate your metabolism. They maintain the rate at which your body uses fats and carbohydrates, help control your body temperature, influence your heart rate, and help regulate the production of proteins. Your thyroid gland also produces calcitonin a hormone that helps regulate the amount of calcium in your blood.
Medicine Net The Thyroid regulates the body's metabolism and effects processes, such as growth and other important functions of the body.
Merck These hormones act on cells in virtually every body tissue by combining with nuclear receptors and altering expression of a wide range of gene products. Thyroid hormone is required for normal brain and somatic tissue development in the fetus and neonate, and, in people of all ages, regulates protein, carbohydrate, and fat metabolism.
…Then for the life of me I can’t figure out why the following tests aren’t routinely run, or at least given once, to someone with a thyroid condition.
1.       Comprehensive Metabolic Panel It has been suggested that people with chronic diseases should get this test done routinely.
2.       Vitamin and mineral levels (not just D, B12 and IronALL) because of our difficulties with metabolizing. Are our essential nutrients going to each bodily system correctly?
3.       Hormone levels Who knowsa hormonal imbalance could have caused your problems in the first place.
4.       Stomach Acid Testing Digestive issues and thyroid disease can go hand in hand.
5.       Bone Density There is a link between thyroid disease and osteoporosis.
6.       Cardiovascular system tests The thyroid influences your heart rate.
7.       Parasite testing-These little buggers could have caused all of your problems, as well OR as a result of poor digestion because of a bum thyroid, these parasites could be thriving in your gut as we speak.
 Why those tests? I am using a deductive scientific technique from my studies of Commonsenseology.
You seewhen I was first diagnosed, my TSH was off the charts abnormal. Im sure my thyroid was malfunctioning for many years prior to diagnosis as well. And then after treatment, my body still misbehaved with continued fluctuation of my thyroid lab numbers.
So my question isIf this gland is so important to all bodily functions...what kind of damage has been done since my thyroid decided to quit working?
I am not a doctor. I dont have any sort of clinical degree, but what I do have is a PhD in common sense. Unfortunately, commonsenseologists cant legally diagnose or treatall they can do is justwell wonderwonder why so many thyroid sufferers who just cant seem to get well on any kind of thyroid medication, whether it be natural, generic, brand or a T4/T3 combo.  Perhaps if those other lab tests were performed, irregularities could be discovered and then addressedoptimal health just might be possible. Woo Hoo!
I didnt mention the obvious no brainer tests that should be done on someone with thyroid disease like T3, free's and the reverse's, and even testing for adrenal issues.
So you are probably saying…”Crazy Thyroid Lady, if docs arent gonna test ALL the thyroid hormone levels AND other related endocrine issues, what makes you think they will test anything else?  I would say to this, Youre right, and this is why I propose that all these uncooperative thyroid-treating doctors, enroll at CSU Common Sense University. With a Common Sense and Medical degree combined, imagine how much better off wed be?

Crazy Thyroid Lady

2 comments:

  1. Amen. It seems as tho9ugh thyroid problems are so very serious yet when we go to the doctor they brush it off as something common and ok. I have yet to find a doctor who will listen to what I say and take me seriously

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one of those endos lol....in fact mine said I only need once a year test and visit. I have to force my primary to run the tests and she would only do TSH and FT4 and I wanted T3 also, and they changed so much I sent to my dufus and he says, I wouldn't worry until TSH hits 3? it went from 2.6 to 1. point something in six months and to think he is in a teaching hospital

    ReplyDelete