Saturday, September 8, 2012

RANDOM RAMBLINGS



Hey thyroid family, this week’s blog post has nothing to do with the thyroid, rather, its about the random thoughts meandering in my head, pretty much on a full time basis...

Hmmmm…the more I think about this…perhaps this is a thyroid-related blog post, because never before have I had so many ramblings swirling around than after thyroid disease. It must be be a symptom, like serious attention deficit to the umpteenth degree.

I mean like for real… it’s so annoying…ewwww, what is that?.....What is on my keyboard? Are those crumbs? Who has been typing on my laptop…Tyyyllllerrrr!!! Come here! Have you been on my laptop? (Before he could answer)You, look handsome… How was school today? (Before he could answer again) Did you clean your room?....What should we have for dinner tonight???...Just go clean your room and stop bothering me, I have to write this blog…Sigh, where was I…My joint’s feel a little achy today, I wonder if it will rain…What’s on TV…There’s never anything good on TV…I’m tired, I need a nap….Zzzzzzz

HA! You don't even want to know what I am like at work…

Anyway…where was I…Oh yes, I wanted to talk about my new love: electronic readers. I downloaded a book called The War That Came Home (Yes I am shamelessly plugging my friend’s book, a true story about a wife who had to endure her husband’s post traumatic stress disorder, returning home from two tours overseas in the military). This was my first experience reading an e-book and I love, love, love it!

Thinking about my newfound love, I was driving home from work, trying to figure out why I fancy it so much. I’ve never been much of a reader, but now I want to read everything! My random thoughts began to rationalize this new addiction-I used to hate traditional books because holding them was very difficult. I have freakishly large hands, yet they are delicate and fragile. Therefore holding a paperback for me is similar to Shaquille O’Neal holding an ant and conversely, holding a big hardback book is like lugging around a cylinder block. But, holding my e-book reader is jusssstttttt right!

Then my mind took me to a place of anger, thinking about how my former classmates used to call me E.T. because my fingers were so long. They would tell me to “Go phone home, Carol.” Ugh, sometimes I wish I was able to completely switch off the randomness...

I come close to turning it off when I read…. So, what are you guys reading? Send me a message…I am now looking for some good books.

Crazy Thyroid Lady

1 comment:

  1. I love Joshilyn Jackson books!!! Read them in order (some characters/stories entertwine), starting with 'gods in Alabama'...they are HILARIOUS, thoughtful and emotional and just very interesting!!!
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete